Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Miracle for Fathers

fleetoegypt.jpg (200×164)

Matthew 2:13-15, 19-21
And when they [the wise men] were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.

And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.

President Boyd K Packer said,
“Now, fathers, I would remind you of the sacred nature of your calling.  You have the power of the priesthood directly from the Lord to protect your home.  There will be times when all that stands as as shield between your family and the adversary’s mischief will be that power.  You will receive direction from the Lord by way of the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

Many years ago, I was at a critical crossroads in my life.  My mother had done her best to steer me down a different path than the one I was on.  Her efforts caused me to slow down, be cautious, and figure things out.  But, it was my father that helped me have the clarity I desperately needed. I called him to wish him Happy Father’s Day, and because of that conversation, he helped me to “flee to Egypt,” and escape the certain destruction of the path I was on.  I know miracles happen and divine help comes as fathers seek to protect their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment